Sunday, February 1, 2009

Assignment 2

This past week we had the pleasure of meeting some of the faculty of CSUMB in the ITCD program. I have to say, Sathya Narayanan did a very good job in his presentation. I have always thought I wanted to go in the software engineering field, but after listening to Sathya speak about network and security. I still have awile before I make my decision, but I am considering changing from software engineering and going into the direction of network and security.

One of the student portfolios that I really enjoyed was Alfredo's profile from 2008. It is very clean and presentable. It gives a lot of information on numerous majors, including a major I am fond of, programming. It tells about each major and even gives a link to the pathways side and class that describes what he is explaining. For example, under programming, he has a link to CST 231, which is a C++ programming class.

Another student portfolio that I enjoyed was also from 2008. This was Ammon's profile. Like the first one, it gave information on technology majors, but this profile went into depth on alot more information. Such as Core MLO's, Tech MLO's, and Advanced MLO's. This site, like the first one, was very neat and professional. I also read over his capstone project. I have to say it is a little overwhleming thinking that I will have to do this in the near future. Ammon's capstone was about bringing in more secure connection using SSL and TLS during transit. Overall I enjoyed reviewing these protfollios and cant wait do have my own in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. You should discuss both with sathya and Youngjoon in order to decide which field to focus on.

    Nice job.

    ReplyDelete